It was the most important social square in the years of the Venetian. H Lodge of Eugenia, the Loggia, was in the space now occupied by the Town Hall. It was built in 30 years (1663-1691) from the best material: stone Sinion.
There, used to meet the cream of the local community since 1720 and the portico was the first opera in the East. Getting the name of the adjacent Mitropolitikis Catholic church of St. Iakovos, the theater of San Giacomo gave impressive performances Italian opera for two centuries.
In 1903 the theater transferred to the area and was added yet another floor, ushering in its current use. The two main sides are decorated with stone masks and various historical inscriptions and symbols. The emblem of Corfu appears above the main entrance and the fitted bust of General Francesco Morosini with the virtues and his accomplishments on a Latin inscription on the east side. The 17th century. was built both the Catholic Metropolis and the residence of the Latin Archbishop who, after worked as court.