The British named it Fort St. George '' '' but which blasted the union of the Ionian Islands , as provided for in the relevant Treaty Union .
On the island of Vido was the ancient church of St. Stephen which was built by the Apostles Jason and Sosipatres , on the same foundations which survived until 1929 built another church of St. Stephen , who was unfortunately destroyed by the Germans during their withdrawal from the Corfu , 1944.
In the southeastern part of Vido near the lighthouse stands the Mausoleum erected in 1940 by the Yugoslav government in memory of Serb soldiers who died in Corfu during the First World War .
The Bido Today belongs in Corfu is resort for the summer months
Visiting the island is a pleasant delight made with regular transport boat from the old port.
Ticket Price 2 €