The sofrito was named at the Venetian period. However, there is no significant gastronomical binding of soffritto, with the homonymous cooking technique used in Italy (otherwise, battuto), apart from the fact that both include frying in oil.
The sofrito is a rather easy recipe that requires you to have it under your attention for about 20 minutes, from the total of 1:45 minutes.
Ingredients for 8 people:
1,800 kg of meat beef ( rump medallion ) cut into thin slices 0.5 cm thick
300 ml. white wine
150 ml. white Balsamico
200g . flour
500 ml. hot beef stock ( If you do not use your own homemade broth , try 1 Knorr beef stock, in ½ liter of hot water )
200 ml. olive oil
6 cloves garlic , finely chopped
1 ½ cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper
1. Remove the meat from the refrigerator 1-2 hours before cooking and preparing the remaining ingredients . With paper towels wipe it and try to remove moisture.
2. Put the flour in a pan and add 1 tsp salt and pepper ¼ and stir. Pass one to one slice of meat from the flour to cover completely.
3. At wide nonstick skillet, pour the oil over high heat and when hot, add the floured doses per calf slices to fry. Carefully touch the oil first of the side that is close to you and then leave them soft in the opposite side , not splashed .
4. Turn the slices per minute forceps for about 3-4 minutes until the characteristic ash crust outside. Remove them into a bowl or a pan , let 20 seconds the oil to became hot again and put the other slices until all slices turn into a golden colour. If during frying , need extra oil , fill in moderation , so at the end of the browning of the meat has left very little.
5. Reduce heat and add the chopped garlic to turn gold for only 30 seconds and immediately put the absorber of the kitchen to the fullest. Take a deep breath and carefully add the balsamic vinegar and then immediately after, the wine . The vapors will strangle you for a few seconds, so it is best to have gotten a deep breath before. Leave them for 30 seconds.
6. Put the slices of meat back to pan , spreading them across the surface, in layers. Immediately after adding the beef broth to almost cover the meat. Leave sofrito simmer over very low heat for 1 hour , stirring every 20 seconds . In one hour add salt and pepper, tasting, and then add the parsley. Let it simmer for another 15 minutes, until the sauce is relatively thick and the meat is cut with a fork. The fire must be very low so the meat does not stuck at the bottom. Leave it to rest before serving for at least 20 minutes.